Consists of four components:
- Horizon server -- a middleware server that connects to/is built on top of RethinkDB, and exposes a simple API/protocol to front-end applications.
- Horizon CLI - hz -- a command-line tool aiding in scaffolding, development, and deployment
- GraphQL support -- the server will have a GraphQL adapter so anyone can get started building React/Relay apps without writing any backend code at the beginning. This will not ship in v1, but we'll follow up with a GraphQL adapter quickly after launch.
Horizon currently has all the following services available to developers:
- ✅ Subscribe -- a streaming API for building realtime apps directly from the browser without writing any backend code.
- ✅ Auth -- an authentication API that connects to common auth providers (e.g. Facebook, Google, GitHub).
- ✅ Identity -- an API for listing and manipulating user accounts.
- ✅ Permissions -- a security model that allows the developer to protect data from unauthorized access.
Last modified 31 December 2022