Website | Source | Guide
Vale's goal is to show the world that speed and safety can be easy. Vale is:
- Fast: Vale is an AOT compiled language that uses an entirely new approach to memory management: generational references, which have zero aliasing costs and no garbage collection pauses.
- Fearless: It is the safest native language: zero unsafe, region isolation, extern boundaries, and dependency extern whitelisting.
- Flexible: Its new take on regions enables alternate memory management and allocation strategies, with the region borrow checker enabling seamless, fast, and easy interop between them.
- Statically Typed with type inference.
- Ownership, move semantics, and deterministic destruction.
- Memory Safe, using constraint and weak references.
- Regions for different allocation strategies.
- Inline References for optimization.
- Generics, including virtual generics.
- Interface Constructors
- Universal Function Call Syntax
- Mutable and Immutable Objects
- Patterns: Destructuring, Parameters, Extractors
Last modified 18 September 2021