Website | Source
from prefect import task, Flow
with Flow("My First Flow") as flow:
flow.run() # "Hello, world!"
Source appears to be PrefectCore (Python library), which suggests a "freemium" open-source model.
- Realtime UI: The Prefect UI updates in realtime so you're never behind.
- Universal Deploy: Anywhere you can run Python, you can run Prefect. Instantly deploy your flows and monitor runs from Prefect's UI, no Docker required.
- Flow code: Prefect flows are plain old Python, so you can build and modify them however you like.
- Parameters: Add parameters to any flow for easy runtime templating and reuse.
- Robust states: Prefect handles every error, whether expected or not. Some tasks might only run if upstream tasks fail.
- Dataflow: Pass data between tasks for complex processing and advanced analytics.
- Mapping: Powerful map/reduce operators generate dynamic tasks for each element of an input. Mapped tasks can be linked to create parallel pipelines.
- Environments: A flexible environment model means flows can be deployed anywhere from a laptop to multi-cloud clusters.
- Realtime: When paired with Dask, Prefect's event-driven scheduler can execute tasks with millisecond latency.
- Time Travel: Prefect task outputs can be cached or updated at different intervals, even within the same workflow.
- Result Handlers: Serialize data in and out of your tasks with customizable result handlers, including local filesystems, S3, and GCS.
- Custom Schedules: Specify custom schedule logic including business days, offsets, and blackout windows, or fall back on good old cron.
- Looping: Loop tasks with arbitrary control logic.
- Depth-First Execution: Race through mapped pipelines by allowing tasks to start before all tasks of the previous stage have finished.
- COMING SOON -- Event-Driven Flows: Fire off flow runs in response to external events of any frequency.
- COMING SOON -- Task Affinity: Run each of a flow's tasks in a completely different environment, including new dependencies or platforms.
Last modified 24 August 2021