GitLab's Guide to All-Remote: The Remote Manifesto: All-remote work promotes:
- Hiring and working from all over the world (instead of from a central location).
- Flexible working hours (over set working hours).
- Writing down and recording knowledge (over verbal explanations).
- Written processes (over on-the-job training).
- Public sharing of information (over need-to-know access).
- Opening up documents for editing by anyone (over top-down control of documents).
- Asynchronous communication (over synchronous communication).
- The results of work (over the hours put in).
- Formal communication channels (over informal communication channels).
"How to make hybrid work a success" "Clarity of expectations is the key" (The Economist, 9 Apr 2022)
Last modified 19 September 2022