- C++ Language Interface Foundation (CLIF)
- libffi: A portable foreign-function interface library
- SWIG: Simplified Wrapper and Interface Generator
- C handler wrapping in C++ - https://arekmd.github.io/wrapping-c-handlers/
- CppCon 2014: Lisa Lippincott "How to call C libraries from C++"
- Cross-language interfaces between C and C++ - https://gustedt.wordpress.com/2017/08/08/cross-language-interfaces-between-c-and-c/
- DragonFFI: C Foreign Function Interface and JIT using Clang/LLVM
- ffi-overhead: comparing the C FFI (foreign function interface) overhead for various programming languages
- Hourglass Interfaces for C++ APIs - CppCon 2014
- Skip the FFI: Embedding Clang for C Interoperability
- The Salami Method
- The Salami Method finely distinguishes between the different aspects and layers required for exposing platform-independent C++ on different “specific” platforms. At its extreme it strives to create a single, thin, transparent layer for each such aspect so that each layer is more easily built, tested, debugged, managed and maintained.
- The Salami Method: multiplatform C++ development - Adi Shavit, CoreCpp IL Meetup, April 2018
- The Salami Method for Cross Platform Development - CppCon 2018; Adi Shavit
Last modified 06 April 2022