Website | Source
PL/0 is a collection of tools for learning about parsers, interpreters, compilers and virtual machines. It has been designed from the ground up to be a minimal implementation of several common interpreter and compiler functions, including the following:
- Lexical analysis and tokenisation.
- Recursive descent parsing to an abstract syntax tree.
- Direct syntax-tree interpretation.
- Static compilation to a stack based assembly language.
- Assembly from symbolic assembly language to virtual op-codes.
- Virtual machine execution using a stack-based computer.
Last modified 06 October 2022